Winter is a magical time in the mountains! Experience North Conway Village covered with twinkle lights and a blanket of snow. Enjoy horse-drawn sleigh rides, outdoor skating rinks, snowmobiling, tubing, hot chocolate around the firepit, and so much more.
Horse drawn sleigh rides are a New England winter wonderland classic and make the very best winter vacation photos.
- For guests of Attitash Mountain Village, sleigh bells will be echoing through the forest as you wind through the white pines surrounding the resort. Take in the beauty of the glistening snow illuminated by lanterns on the trees guiding the two-horse open sleigh along the way. Sleigh rides run Friday thru Sunday, and weekdays during school vacations from 4pm to 8pm, beginning November 26, 2022 thru March 26, 2023. Rides are approximately 30 minutes long. Advance ticket purchase recommended.
- To feel as though you’ve stepped into a Hallmark Movie, visit Nestlenook Farm! Romantic sleigh rides for two or the whole family. Arrive early to enjoy ice skating on a massive rink surrounded by trees and warming huts filled with twinkle lights. Visit the welcome center to pick up a s’mores kit or hot chocolate to enjoy by a blazing outdoor fire pit or inside one of the cozy warming huts.
For the love of hockey or an ice dancer’s dream, outdoor skating rinks offer winter family fun. Bring your own skates or rent some at a nearby shop.
- For guests of Attitash Mountain Village, the on-premise private outdoor ice skating rink is perfect for an afternoon of hockey or general play surrounded by towering pines and views of neighboring mountains. Bring your own skates or rent at a local shop.
- In the heart of North Conway Village, the skating rink at Schouler Park is open to the public and offers views of the White Mountains or a picture perfect day in front of the Conway Scenic Train station. The park is well-lit for skating under the stars. Skate rentals available just blocks away at Sun & Ski Sport.
- With over 3 acres of ice, Nestlenook Farm in Jackson is the largest outdoor skating park in the White Mountains. Skate rental is available on-site. Packages are available to include ice skating and sleigh rides or an afternoon of snowshoeing. Visit the welcome center to pick up a s’mores kit or hot chocolate to enjoy by a blazing outdoor fire pit or inside one of the cozy warming huts.
If you can walk you can snowshoe! There are several areas such as Great Glen Trails, Bear Notch Ski Network, and Mt. Washington Valley Ski Network where you’ll find both groomed and un-groomed options. Rentals are available at most outdoor shops as well as at the snowshoe areas.
- Attitash Mountain Village guests can step right outside their door onto the trails. Enjoy scenic landscapes while snowshoeing trails nestled among towering pines along the Saco River. Resort trail map and complimentary snowshoes available to guests of Attitash Mountain Village and Attitash Motel & Suites (based on availability).
- At Great Glen Trails you can follow groomed trails or strike out on well-marked backcountry trails for the feeling of a real expedition. Ask about guided snowshoe tours to have a knowledgeable guide show you the way. Evening snowshoe tours are also available to explore the natural beauty of winter at night.
Fun for all ages! If you are looking for thrills and excitement in a family safe environment this is a fun option.
- Cranmore Mountain Resort is annually rated as New Hampshire’s #1 tubing hill. Cranmore boasts up to 10 lanes of family-friendly lift serviced tubing. Be sure to get your tickets in advance!
- Great Glen Trails features a walk-up tubing hill for some of the best sliding in the east. No expensive rentals. No lifts. Safe, family-friendly fun. One pass is good for a two hour session. Hot cocoa and s’mores available for sale on the hill on select days. Dress warm as this is a winter activity at the base of Mount Washington!
With base locations in both Bartlett and Bretton Woods, Northern Extremes Snowmobiling offers both guided tours for all ages and abilities or self-guided rentals by the hour, half-day or full-day.
- In Bartlett, the Bear Notch snowmobile system is one of most unique trail systems in the White Mountains and New England. The trail network is a 50-mile closed loop system where all trails are interconnected and almost impossible to get lost. Trails will take riders over Bear Notch Road where you can stop at one of four scenic overlooks for breathtaking views of Mt Washington and Presidential Range.
- Bretton Woods is the Gateway to the Great North Woods and some of the most scenic views in the White Mountains. Choose from over 200 miles of groomed snowmobile trails. Located just 30 minutes west of North Conway.
Cross Country Skiing
Choose from hundreds of miles of trails with varied terrain options. Lessons and rental equipment for the whole family are available.
- You can access the trail network of Bear Notch Ski Touring from the woods behind Attitash Mountain Village Resort. Purchase tickets at the front desk to access over 65 km of groomed skate and classic trails. Enjoy spectacular riverside views, pristine waterfalls, picturesque flat meadows, and challenging hills.
- Voted as a Top 10 cross country ski area by USA TODAY, Great Glen Trails maintains over 45 km of groomed trails at the foot of Mt. Washington. Great Glen has a top notch beginner Nordic ski school with world-class instructors. Guests of Attitash Mountain Village receive a 50% discount on the Great Glen Trails system for cross country skiing!
- Annually rated as the East’s best cross country ski destination, Jackson Ski Touring has over 100 km of groomed trails spanning three different scenic and panoramic river systems. Attitash Mountain Village guests receive 50% off cross country ski tickets and other discounts on lessons!
- The Mt. Washington Ski Touring Foundation maintains over 45 km of trails in and around North Conway. Explore trails winding through riverside hayfields, mountainside spruce, and hemlock forests offering a diverse selection of terrain for all abilities from easy rolling hills to more challenging intermediate and back country trails. Over 50% of the network is rated easy to provide interesting and exciting skiing for novice skiers as well as the entire family.
- Located at the foot of Mt. Washington and in the White Mountain National Forest in New Hampshire, the Bretton Woods Nordic Center is one of the largest cross country ski areas on the East Coast with over 100 km of maintained trails.
Skiing and Snowboarding
With seven Alpine and six Nordic ski areas all within 30 minutes, Attitash Mountain Village is the perfect places to stay if you want to down hill ski or snowboard.
- Directly across the street from Attitash Mountain Village, Attitash Ski Resort offers 68 trails, 9 lifts and 2 interconnected mountains for skiers and riders of all abilities. Part of Vail Resorts’ Epic Pass.
- Wildcat Mountain offers over 2,000 vertical feet of skiable terrain, unrivaled views, and an opening season often reaching six months. Wildcat is part of Vail Resorts’ Epic Pass.
- Family friendly Black Mountain in Jackson offers terrain for all abilities, including slopes for novices, cruising trails for intermediates, and black diamond trails for experts.
- Bretton Woods, New Hampshire’s largest ski area is also named #2 overall in the East by Ski Magazine readers.
- Located just minutes away in North Conway, Cranmore Mountain Resort boasts 170 skiable acres and is renowned for its ski school programs and New Hampshire’s #1 tubing hill.
Hampton Inn & Suites – 3 Nights $239 total (Not per night) – Includes Indoor water park
The Hampton Inn & Suites in North Conway, New Hampshire features a 5,000 sq. ft. indoor water park with two...
Attitash Mountain Village – 3 Nights $149 total (not per night!)
Located at the base of Attitash Ski Resort, Attitash Mountain Village is a four-season destination resort surrounded by towering mountain...
Attitash Motel & Suites 2 Nights $99 total (Not per night) + Add 3rd night Free with Wednesday, Thursday or Sunday arrival
The Attitash Motel & Suites features scenic mountain vistas with open-air balconies, and is located in Bartlett, New Hampshire just...